Mr. Guiney

Journey Kull, Staff

Travis Guiney; A.K.A. “Guiney”, has been a teacher here at MHS since the school had it’s name changed from Agua Fria West to Millennium and he has loved the school ever since. Before residing and teaching Goodyear he was living in Yuma, Arizona. He got a call when the school was looking for football coaches and teachers which he refers to as “a match made in heaven.” Prior to being a teacher and a football coach, Mr. Guiney grew up in Glendale, Arizona and attended Cactus High School where he’s always had a love for football. After he graduated from Cactus, he went on to play football at Arizona and Utah State Universities.  Although he is a phenomenal teacher, some might be surprised that education is not his only field of expertise. Prior to teaching, he worked in construction and in college he managed The Pizza Factory in Logan, Utah. He also keeps animal-balloon making in his back pocket which he shows off now and then. But now, years later ,he enjoys his gig and loves to chill and hangout all day. Being a teacher isn’t as easy as it seems he states, there’s good days and there’s bad days. “Being here 18 years, you notice change” he explains- and the one change he loves is how much the school has grown up and how diverse it’s became. When he’s not in the classroom teaching, he’s at home hanging out with his three kids and wife. Thank you Mr. Guiney for your service here at Millennium High!

Mr. Guiney