Hot Shots

Millennium Girl’s Varsity Basketball Teami

Nicole Hoff

The Women’s Varsity Basketball team is off to a great start this season dominating teams! Only halfway through the season and they have a winning record of 13-6 and look to improve their record now heading into their section games.

Coach Courtland Rojeck is the coach for the Varsity team again for another year and has high expectations for another successful season. After taking 4th in the state last year and losing seven seniors, more than half their roster, this year the team adds seven new players and three of them being freshman. So far this season the girls have only one loss in the state to Hamilton High School. The team has also competed in the Nike Tournament of Champions where they went 0-4 and also one out of state tournament in Las Vegas where they went 5-1 for the weekend. Now entering section play, the girls are 2-0 with wins over Tolleson and La Joya: still having to play Copper Canyon, Westview, and Valley Vista. Winning their section will guarantee a spot in this years playoffs. The girls are averaging nearly 48 points a game and are beating most of their competition by at least 30. In their division they are ranked: 15th in points per game, 7th for assists per game, 3rd for field goals made per game, and 11th in steals.

The girls have 5 more home games this season including their senior night game against Valley Vista on Tuesday February 2nd so make sure you come out and support your Lady Tigers!

Hot Shots