People of Estrella Estates- Part 2

Andrea Palacios, Staff

“My brother worked for Pan American World Airways. Him and his family could fly anywhere in the world they wanted to go and only pay the tax. I payed $123.00 to go around the world, so it was silly to not take advantage of that. I could go to Hawaii for $10.00. I went there a couple times. Life is just one crazy thing after another. You don’t know what you’re going to be doing. I’ve been to all 7 continents, including Antarctica, it’s very expensive to go there. We took a ship to get there and not too many people can say they’ve been to Antarctica. There’s nothing there but penguins and scientists. Antarctica is so different from any place that a person has ever been. They’ve got what they call a piece of the pie. After that I was invited to go to Poland. I had already been there, but I didn’t see anything wrong with going again. We went to the Greek Islands, which was interesting. I studied in one of the apposauls of St. Paul and it was interesting going to the different places that famous people from the bible had been in.”

“My favorite memory is the birth of my children. One actually is adopted. I adopted her when she was 4 months old, in Barbados West Indies and she’s now 40. My son is now 38, he was natural born. I was told that I wouldn’t have children because of a medical problem. So, I adopted my little girl and brought her back to Montrell, which was where I lived. Six months later I went to the doctor for my check up and I said “I don’t feel well. I have the flu.” And he said “No, you don’t have the flu, you’re pregnant.” That was my happiest time. I didn’t believe him. I said “No, my doctor said I couldn’t get pregnant.” And he said “Oh, well your doctor was wrong.”

People of Estrella Estates- Part 2