Varsity Basketball featuring Jasmine Singleton

Alexa Pasillias, Staff

In 2016, the Lady Tigers basketball team went all the way to finals. Unfortunately, they lost but they haven’t lost hope. We had privilege of interviewing one of the Lady Tigers who was a Freshman last year but made varsity due to her skill and endurance. Jasmine Singleton is a point guard for Millennium’s Varsity basketball team and has been playing basketball since she was in 6th grade. The main reason she decided to play basketball was because of her sister who was her role model and had been playing since she was little. Basketball is not an easy sport as Singleton explains: “Playing basketball is not a skill, it’s putting in effort but also making the right reads on offense and defense”.

Jasmine puts in a lot of time everyday in the gym improving her skills. “I put in at least 2-3 hours a day at the gym with my sister improving on my skills and improving on the things that I need to work on to get better. Everything I do is so I can play better for the games ahead or the next time I’m on the court”.

Jasmine had some advice for the girls looking to get on the team. She says; “Don’t be discouraged if you think you aren’t good enough because it’s a team sport and there’s always something you can do to get better… you’re not always going to be on top of everyone but you can be at the top of the game”.