The 2017-2018 Student Council

Aislinn Haselden, Creative Writer/Journalist

For those few who don’t know, the students of Millennium High School have just put in their votes for the new StuCo. StuCo stands for the Student Council, an organization consisting of students elected by their peers to represent them, speak for them, and act for them. Student Council has also been known as an effective way to develop student leaders.

On the Millennium High School Home Page, the MHS Student Council Mission is displayed proudly for all to see. The goals of the StuCo are as stated, To provide campus and constituents a sense of identity, improve campus climate, spirit, and community, to promote a culture of tolerance, mutual respect, and self-dignity, to uphold high standards of achievement and behavior for all students, and to create lasting memories through the planning and production of memorable, quality events.”

Mrs. King, an English teacher who works closely with the StuCo, has revealed when the identity of the electees will be released, “We are revealing the new student leadership for next year at the assembly on Friday, May 5th.”

Mrs. King also stated, “Prospective members can pick up their application packet to apply for next year starting after school this Friday on April 28th. Applications are due Friday, May 5th, and interviews will be held the following week.”

As of now, the 2017-2018 Student Council members are: President: Maximo Lawlor; Vice President: Elian Krejsta; Secretary: Isabelle Taylor; Treasurer: Andrew Garlick; Dance Executives: Abby Wescott and Abby Cunningham; Public Relations Officer: Kaitlin Bruchause; Spirit Executive: Catlin McGeorge; Community Service Executive: Lexi Lish.

All of the students listed above were the new Student Council members announced on May 5th at the assembly. They will begin their jobs as the StuCo next school year, while this year’s Student Council finish their runs on the Council strong. 2017 and 2018 are sure to be exciting years at Millennium High School with these new students leaders in charge.

• Features

Was 2016 Really That Bad?

• Features

Remembering the Stars of 2016

• Showcase

Hot Shots

• The 2017-2018 Student Council

Features

New Extended Opportunity

• The 2017-2018 Student Council

Opinions & Reviews

Hamilton: The Rise Of A New Fascination

• The 2017-2018 Student Council

Entertainment

The Lineup Announced for Coachella 2017

• The 2017-2018 Student Council

Entertainment

Rogue One: A Star Wars Review **Spoiler Warning**

• The 2017-2018 Student Council

Entertainment

Joanne: A new side of Gaga

• The 2017-2018 Student Council

Entertainment

The Arrival- Review

• The 2017-2018 Student Council

Showcase

Millennium Football 2016 Recap

The 2017-2018 Student Council