Filed under Entertainment

Rip N’Time a Relaxing Emerging Artist

Rip N'Time's first CD will be released on December 23, 2013. It comes with a graphic novel that gives a look into the origin of the band.

Berenis Reyes

Berenis Reyes

Straight out of the entertainment capital of the world, Los Angeles, California, comes Rip N’Time, an Indie Rock band that is just beginning their official journey into the music industry.

Rip N’Time began as a school project. Riley Ripintyme, a girl that’s always playing her guitar, decided to start a band as the response to her teacher’s assignment.

“In September of 2013, four young musicians began a journey; traveling through a portal where space, time and music intersect,” stated their Multimedia Studies teacher, Gunther Parigaliy.

Based on the concept of that quote, the students were incited to create a project of their choice. Ripintyme chose to start Rip N’Time. She was joined by Langston LaBelle, Akemi Lee, and Vincent Tarrega in making the desired sounds come alive.

Playing Her Guitar Suite is the group’s first major work. Their sound resembles that of The Beatles and Queen, two of their biggest influences. With riffs and melodies similar to Santana’s, the music is sure to delight guitar enthusiasts.

This EP, or “extended play” disc, offers calm and mellow tunes. Seeing as two of the three songs included are instrumental, the music easily sets a relaxed atmosphere. The music, however, seems more appropriate for a mature audience that pays careful attention to the actual music, as opposed to the usual, catchy lyrics that most teens seek today. The sound itself is reminiscent of the music of the 1950’s and 80’s.

“Playing Her Guitar Suite is an EP that will take you to another time and place. It’s a jingle-jangle journey – a discovery of dreamy soundscapes – and each track is a part of that journey,” wrote Emily G. Woodbind, Rip N’Time’s publicist.

Besides just music, the disc includes a twenty-four page comic booklet that explains the band’s dreamlike and creative come to existence. It coincides with the lyrics and songs to tell their story. The playful addition makes listeners feel more informed and connected with the band they’re listening to. Ultimately, the band has talent, but their genre is not for everyone. They have potential to grow with a mature audience, but it may be difficult with one that prefers upbeat lyric filled songs.

The Los Angeles band’s debut album, Playing Her Guitar Suite, is set to release on December 23, 2013; one day later they play Battle of the Bands at Twisty Road Cafe and Theater. Their work with Bosue Recordz is a promising listen for those seeking mystical, guitar filled music.

Until the EP is officially released, the band’s website, www.playingherguitarsuite.com offers a complete score of the first song on the CD.

• Features

Was 2016 Really That Bad?

• Features

Remembering the Stars of 2016

• Showcase

Hot Shots

• Rip N’Time a Relaxing Emerging Artist

Features

New Extended Opportunity

• Rip N’Time a Relaxing Emerging Artist

Opinions & Reviews

Hamilton: The Rise Of A New Fascination

• Rip N’Time a Relaxing Emerging Artist

Entertainment

The Lineup Announced for Coachella 2017

• Rip N’Time a Relaxing Emerging Artist

Entertainment

Rogue One: A Star Wars Review **Spoiler Warning**

• Rip N’Time a Relaxing Emerging Artist

Entertainment

Joanne: A new side of Gaga

• Rip N’Time a Relaxing Emerging Artist

Entertainment

The Arrival- Review

• Rip N’Time a Relaxing Emerging Artist

Showcase

Millennium Football 2016 Recap

Rip N’Time a Relaxing Emerging Artist